MySQL Connector/Net 6.10.1 beta is the second release which supports Scaffold-DbContext, that enables the creation of corresponding model classes from an existing database that are compatible with Entity Framework (EF) Core 1.1.
To download MySQL Connector/Net 6.10.1 beta, see the “Development Releases” tab at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/
Known limitations of this release
- The output classes cannot exist prior to using the EF Core database first feature.
- The target database must have a table with a primary key.
- The target database cannot contain one or more views.
- The JSON data exchange format is not supported by the EF Core database first feature.
- No error message is provided when a table given as input does not exist in the database and a model context is created without any table by the EF Core database first feature.
- The EF Core database first feature does not support the following data types:
- DbContext within an application can emit an unhandled exception. Due to this limitation, MySQL Connector/Net 6.9.9 is the preferred version to use with EF6.
Functionality Added or Changed
- Added database first support, also known as Scaffold-DbContext, which enables the creation of corresponding model classes from an existing database that are compatible with Entity Framework (EF) Core 1.1.
- EF Core: Using the Contains method in an expression with a variable generated an exception. (Bug #25394204, Bug #84505)
- EF Core: Using the Skip and Take methods in an assignment generated an exception. (Bug #25382036, Bug #84453)
Packages are available at:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/MySql.Data/6.10.1-beta https://www.nuget.org/packages/MySql.Web/6.10.1-beta https://www.nuget.org/packages/MySql.Data.Entity/6.10.1-beta https://www.nuget.org/packages/MySql.Data.EntityFrameworkCore/6.10.1-beta https://www.nuget.org/packages/MySql.Data.EntityFrameworkCore.Design/6.10.1-beta
Enjoy and thanks for the support!
On behalf of the MySQL Release Team,
Nawaz Nazeer Ahamed