Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/Net 6.8.8 and 6.9.9 are maintenance releases for the 6.8 and 6.9 series of the .NET driver for MySQL. They can be used for production environments.
It is appropriate for use with MySQL server versions 5.5-5.7.
These are now available in source and binary form from our downloads and mirror sites. (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point-if you can’t find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
Functionality Added or Changed
- Added TLS support for TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 when connecting to MySQL Server 5.7.
- Improvements were made to how the connector handles aborted connections. (Bug #23346197, Bug #80997).
- With Entity Framework 6, building a table with a primary key would not enclose the key name in quotes, which caused a syntax error. (Bug #22696180, Bug #22696207, Bug #76292).
- The connector was not disposing the transaction returned by DBContext.Database.BeginTransaction() when exiting a using code block. (Bug #22514355, Bug #22514363).
- The connector did not attempt to enumerate stored procedures via mysql.proc(). Instead it looked up stored procedures in INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ROUTINES. This could have led to performance degradation in certain scenarios. (Bug #20960373, Bug #23528155, Bug #74116)
For documentation please check at the official site.
Nuget packages are available at:
We love to hear your thoughts or any comments you have about our product. Please send us your feedback at our forums, fill a bug at our community site, or leave us any comment at the social media channels.
Enjoy and thanks for the support!
On behalf of the MySQL Connector/Net team